This boom-type elevating work platform course includes the theoretical and practical components to meet the skills and knowledge required to be able to operate a boom-type elevating work platform with a boom length of 11 metres or more for the high risk work licence class WP. A boom-type elevating work platform can include a telescoping device, hinged device, articulated device or any combination of these to support a platform.
Participants will gain the following skills and knowledge:
- Planning and risk management
- Applicable legislation and standards
- Elevating work platform types, characteristics and uses
- Inspection, maintenance and testing
- Appropriate personal protective equipment
- Safe and efficient operation techniques
- Shut-down and stowage procedures and associated paperwork.
Training and assessment is conducted at Access Training facilities. Upon arrangement, training and assessment can be conducted at the premises of industry clients providing there are suitable industry training facilities.